Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wifi Security Slides

I had the privilege of being invited to speak about wireless security to the U.S. Army's Combined Arms Center, Office of the Chief Information Officer & G6's Information Security Symposium at Fort Leavenworth in Leavenworth, Ks on June 29, 2010. Yes, that is a "challenge coin" that says "Presented by the commanding general..." in the photo, a nice addition to the collection.

Judging by the comments I received after the talk, it went well. I didn't drop any "1337" hax0rs or any zero day, in fact, in the few weeks I spent preparing for the presentation, it seemed to me that there isn't too much new stuff coming out for 802.11, or more likely, I don't travel in the right circles.

The talk drew entirely on the research of others and I tried to give credit wherever it was due. Thank you Josh Wright for letting me stand on your shoulders. I did tell people to visit your site and take your course.

I have made the slides available in PDF and PPT format. There are a few canned video demos in the PPT version that are obviously not in the PDF version and the PPT version contains copious notes, not found in the PDF.

Thanks again to Austin Pearson, Major Fraley, et al for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other thoughts from Lean In

My previous posts in this series have touched on the core issues that Sheryl Sandberg addresses in her book  Lean In: Women, Work, and the W...